Banning order for unruly football fan
- Credit: Archant
A football fan from Swaffham Prior has been has been handed a four-year football banning order after unruly behaviour in the stands.
Shane Rouse, 40, of Rogers Road, was given the order at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (October 17) after being convicted of a public order offence and obstructing a PC.
Those charges related to his behaviour at the Cambridge United match against Nuneaton on September 24.
Rouse, a United fan, initially failed to appear at court but was arrested on Thursday and put before magistrates.
The order means he is banned from attending any football ground in England and Wales and may be ordered to surrender his passport when there are international fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
PC Debbie Pearl said: “We will not tolerate any type of anti-social behaviour and will take robust action against anyone involved in disorder at matches.
“Rouse is now banned from attending football matches for the next four years and faces tough restrictions such as surrendering his passport and being banned from certain pubs on match days.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
“This should be a warning to anyone who wants to get involved in disorder at matches, no matter small it may seem. If you are a true supporter and lover of football, think how such restrictions would affect your life.”