Banning order for unruly football fan
- Credit: Archant
A football fan from Swaffham Prior has been has been handed a four-year football banning order after unruly behaviour in the stands.
Shane Rouse, 40, of Rogers Road, was given the order at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (October 17) after being convicted of a public order offence and obstructing a PC.
Those charges related to his behaviour at the Cambridge United match against Nuneaton on September 24.
Rouse, a United fan, initially failed to appear at court but was arrested on Thursday and put before magistrates.
The order means he is banned from attending any football ground in England and Wales and may be ordered to surrender his passport when there are international fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
PC Debbie Pearl said: “We will not tolerate any type of anti-social behaviour and will take robust action against anyone involved in disorder at matches.
“Rouse is now banned from attending football matches for the next four years and faces tough restrictions such as surrendering his passport and being banned from certain pubs on match days.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
“This should be a warning to anyone who wants to get involved in disorder at matches, no matter small it may seem. If you are a true supporter and lover of football, think how such restrictions would affect your life.”