Man, 23, banned from EVERY shop in Cambridge after stealing designer coats and jars of honey
- Credit: Google Maps/Cambs Cops
A man has been banned from every shop in Cambridge after he was caught stealing designer coats and jars of honey.
Jamie Williams went on a stealing spree this month, carrying our numerous thefts from a number of shops throughout the city.
The 23-year-old, of no fixed abode, was handed a three-year Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) which prevents him from entering shops within boundary of the M11, A11 and A14.
Williams was given the order at Cambridge Magistrates' Court on December 20 where he was sentenced to 28 weeks in prison.
He pleaded guilty to stealing six coats worth more than £1,000 on December 3 and six jars of honey worth more than £700 on December 11, plus another 10 offences.
You may also want to watch:
PC Leanne Robinson said: "Williams has committed numerous thefts from shops across the city. The recent action from the courts demonstrates how serious his offending has been.
"We hope the CBO gives city retailers some much needed respite and Williams the opportunity to get the support he requires."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Williams is also not to enter the city within the boundary of Chesterton Road, Elizabeth Way, East Road, The Fen Causeway, Newnham Road, Queen's Road, Northampton Street and Chesterton Lane except to attend pre-arranged appointments.