Banned driver admitted driving whilst disqualified
LATE for his baby s medical appointment, banned driver Joao Laureano decided to ignore his court order and drive to St George s Medical Centre in Littleport. But police were informed that Laureano had got behind the wheel of a car on July 12, and seven da
LATE for his baby's medical appointment, banned driver Joao Laureano decided to ignore his court order and drive to St George's Medical Centre in Littleport.
But police were informed that Laureano had got behind the wheel of a car on July 12, and seven days later he was arrested.
Appearing before Ely magistrates on Thursday, 26-year-old Laureano, of Wood Fen Road, Littleport, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance, and admitted he was in breach of a conditional discharge given for the theft of meat.
"He only drove a short distance," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin. "He has substantial debt, and his partner is expecting their second child."
You may also want to watch:
Laureano was banned from driving for six months, fined £90 with £55 costs, and was given a one-year supervision order.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k