Vinyl, retro furniture and collectables mingles with vegan food at a fair in Ely over the bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ely Markets hosts its annual vegan and vintage fair this May Day bank holiday weekend.
This popular event brings together an eclectic mix of vegan food alongside vintage, retro and traditional market stalls.
Julia Davis of Ely Markets, said: “Our vegan and vintage Fair is a brilliant event for all the family.
“You don’t have to be vegan to appreciate it – we’ve got delicious food and drink that’ll please everyone, as well as lots of vintage stalls. “It’s a chance to experience something new and enjoy a bit of retro fun while soaking up the atmosphere of our beautiful city.”
There will be a range of vegan food available – from meat-free burgers and Sri Lankan curry to Food by Lizzi’s famous “Scotch Eggless” and delicious cakes. Visitors should also look out for vegan beauty products and ethical clothing.
“Our markets have a great reputation for vegan food,” explains Julia. “At our Vegan and Vintage Fair, we’re bringing together local favourites with food and producers from all over the region.
“We’ve got something for everyone. For street food fans, there’s a vegan burger van, wraps, samosas and curry. There’ll also be delicious vegan-friendly coffee, tea and cake – plus a bar on the Market Place.”
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 10 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
There will also be a selection of vintage and upcycled furniture, plus collectables, clothes and records.
“This year there’ll be everything from retro lamps to 1950s-style dresses and vinyl,” says Julia. “People love the unique combination of delicious vegan food and quirky stalls.
“So, whether you’re curious about vegan food, or a fan of vintage style, come and explore our Vegan & Vintage Fair this bank holiday with your family and friends.”
• Ely Markets’ vegan and vintage fair is on Sunday 6 and Monday 7 May from 10am to 4pm. Vegan food and produce will be available on Dolphin Lane and the vintage stalls will be on the main Market Place.