Bands will be in their Element
BANDS from the local scene will be rocking Witchford on Saturday as part of the One Week Witchford festival. The free event, on the playing field at Bedwell Hey Lane, will see a multitude of hot young acts playing all day across two stages. Headliners wil
BANDS from the local scene will be rocking Witchford on Saturday as part of the One Week Witchford festival.
The free event, on the playing field at Bedwell Hey Lane, will see a multitude of hot young acts playing all day across two stages.
Headliners will be The Elements, who will take to the stage at about 9pm. Opening the event will be Still Not Around, who will start the day off at about 11.30am.
In between, the festival will feature such talents as Burn, 5 Minute Warning, Synopsis, Ascendia, Error 404 and The HB Band. For those who prefer their music a little more poppy, a Britney Spears impersonator will be strutting her stuff as well.
You may also want to watch:
An all-day barbecue will be provided by the Friends of Rackham School and maypole dancing will be held. A beer tent with an assortment of real ales will help to quench thirst - and the village hall bar will be open all day - while Star FM will also be in attendance.
For the youngsters, a funfair will be in full swing so they can sample all the fun of the fair.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The finale of the event will be at 10.30pm, when a firework display will light up the night sky.