Band rocks in to help support group get in the party spirit at Ely
- Credit: Archant
Members of Parkinson’s UK Ely Support Group had a rocking time at their Christmas party thanks to a local band.
The ‘Rocking Ukuleles of Ely joined around 20 Parkinson’s sufferers and their carers at their Christmas Party Bell Holt Community Centre.
They performed an uplifting selection of popular songs and carols which livened up everybody’s spirit putting them into the party mood.
After a good hour of entertainment with audience participation the band then joined members to enjoy their Christmas buffet.
During the afternoon the proceeds from a raffle raised £120 towards club funds.
Everyone left the party in a happy mood saying how much they had enjoyed themselves and asking if a similar event could be arranged for next year.
If anyone is interested joining the support group the next meeting is on Tuesday January 19 starting at 2.30pm in the Bell Holt Community Centre when Liz Terry a Parkinson’s specialist nurse will be talking to the group.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV