Band rocks in to help support group get in the party spirit at Ely
- Credit: Archant
Members of Parkinson’s UK Ely Support Group had a rocking time at their Christmas party thanks to a local band.
The ‘Rocking Ukuleles of Ely joined around 20 Parkinson’s sufferers and their carers at their Christmas Party Bell Holt Community Centre.
They performed an uplifting selection of popular songs and carols which livened up everybody’s spirit putting them into the party mood.
After a good hour of entertainment with audience participation the band then joined members to enjoy their Christmas buffet.
During the afternoon the proceeds from a raffle raised £120 towards club funds.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone left the party in a happy mood saying how much they had enjoyed themselves and asking if a similar event could be arranged for next year.
If anyone is interested joining the support group the next meeting is on Tuesday January 19 starting at 2.30pm in the Bell Holt Community Centre when Liz Terry a Parkinson’s specialist nurse will be talking to the group.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'