Ball bearing attack shatters glass leaving Drummer Street bus station in Cambridge unusable - police appeal for information
- Credit: Archant
Loud bangs were heard and panes of glass left shattered during an attack which rendered a Cambridge bus station unusable.
Police said the attackers used ball bearings to ‘cause significant damage’ and shatter the glass during the incident, which took place at around 6pm on December 8 at Drummer Street bus station.
PC Dan Thomas said: “This is a very serious offence which could have had devastating consequences.
“A number of people were in the bus shelter but thankfully no one was hurt.”
The Parkside Swimming Pool in Gonville Place was also damaged in the same way.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 6 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller