Bail for woman arrested in connection with theft of car batteries
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested by police in connection with the theft of a number of car batteries.
The woman, aged 22, was arrested after police searched two homes, one in Suffolk and the second in East Cambridgeshire, and a car and uncovered “a quantity” of batteries.
The woman was subsequently bailed by police to return to Ely police station in July.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The arrest took place in East Cambridgeshire following some good proactive work by local officers.
“Ds Scott Houghton is asking for anyone to come forward who may have had batteries stolen recently or may have any information relating to this enquiry.”
You may also want to watch:
Ds Houghton can be contacted Ely police station on 101.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment