Bail for men arrested on A14 on suspicion of diesel theft
Four men arrested on the A14 after police spotted them acting suspiciously have been bailed.
POLICE have made four arrests after the force helicopter spotted men behaving suspiciously beside the A14.
The force helicopter was scrambled and reported seeing two men hiding in a hedgerow near a lay-by on the eastbound cariageway at Swavesey at just before 1am today (August 12).
The men got into a nearby car and drove off at speed towards Godmanchester but stopped near Huntingdon.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of diesel theft a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later the helicopter spotted two more men hiding underneath a van back at the same lay-by at Swavesey.
Officers on the ground attended the scene and two men were arrested.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
All the men were arrested on suspicion of theft of diesel and were taken to Parkside Police Station where they remain this morning.
There four men were aged 27, 28, 29 and 31.