Bail for men arrested on A14 on suspicion of diesel theft
Four men arrested on the A14 after police spotted them acting suspiciously have been bailed.
POLICE have made four arrests after the force helicopter spotted men behaving suspiciously beside the A14.
The force helicopter was scrambled and reported seeing two men hiding in a hedgerow near a lay-by on the eastbound cariageway at Swavesey at just before 1am today (August 12).
The men got into a nearby car and drove off at speed towards Godmanchester but stopped near Huntingdon.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of diesel theft a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later the helicopter spotted two more men hiding underneath a van back at the same lay-by at Swavesey.
Officers on the ground attended the scene and two men were arrested.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
All the men were arrested on suspicion of theft of diesel and were taken to Parkside Police Station where they remain this morning.
There four men were aged 27, 28, 29 and 31.