Bail for men arrested on A14 on suspicion of diesel theft
Four men arrested on the A14 after police spotted them acting suspiciously have been bailed.
POLICE have made four arrests after the force helicopter spotted men behaving suspiciously beside the A14.
The force helicopter was scrambled and reported seeing two men hiding in a hedgerow near a lay-by on the eastbound cariageway at Swavesey at just before 1am today (August 12).
The men got into a nearby car and drove off at speed towards Godmanchester but stopped near Huntingdon.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of diesel theft a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later the helicopter spotted two more men hiding underneath a van back at the same lay-by at Swavesey.
Officers on the ground attended the scene and two men were arrested.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
All the men were arrested on suspicion of theft of diesel and were taken to Parkside Police Station where they remain this morning.
There four men were aged 27, 28, 29 and 31.