Bag packing and tombola raises more than £500 for Centre E during fundraiser at Sainsbury’s in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Young people who use Centre E raised more than £500 at the weekend by packing bags at Sainsbury’s in Ely.
Councillor Elaine Griffin Singh and some of the young people who use the youth hub were raising money for a new kitchen.
They were also supported by two local dance groups: 4th Dimension and Horizons Academy.
Cllr Singh, who held a tombola stall to boot funds and is chairman of the Youth Ely Hub charity, said: “We made around £550, which is absolutely awesome.
“That is the start of us trying to raise money to put a new kitchen in the community hall.”
You may also want to watch:
Another fundraiser will take place on May 6.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire