Babylon Gallery to host family wildplay event
- Credit: Archant
The Babylon Gallery on Ely Riverside will host a family wildplay event next Wednesday, August 9.
The sessions will run from 10-11am and then at 11-12pm and will include table-top pond dipping and mini-beast hunting as well as arts and crafts.
The event, organised by the Ely and Littleport Time Credit partnership, is split into two sessions aimed at children aged five to 11.
Admission costs £2 per child or two time credit notes per family or group. To book, email email@example.com
A spokesman said: “Cambridgeshire Time Credits is funded by Cambridgeshire County Council and the CHS Group working in partnership with Spice a Social Enterprise.
“Time credits are a community currency where anyone can volunteer with organisations involved in the Time Credit Network and earn one time credit for each hour they give.
“Once earned, time credits can then be spent at events or cultural venues, entertainment and leisure activities.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
Organisations currently signed up to the scheme are Littleport & Ely Timebank, Babylon Arts, Pos+Ability and Ely Young People.