Volunteer with Babylon ARTS to help support cinema, gallery and events
- Credit: BABYLON ARTS
Babylon ARTS is appealing for volunteers to help support Ely's cinema, gallery and events throughout 2021.
The 26-year-old charity manages the part-time independent cinema at The Maltings, which is preparing to reopen when Covid-19 restrictions allow.
It also runs a varied programme of exhibitions at the Babylon Gallery on the riverside in Ely and has plans for a range of outdoor performances and events this year.
Claire Somerville, chief executive of Babylon ARTS, said: “After the challenges of 2020, we’re reaching out to our community, in the hope of finding new volunteers to steward at the cinema and gallery and support the events that we run, once it is safe to do so.
"We’ve got lots of exciting activities in the pipeline for later this year, and we can’t do it without extra help!”
You may also want to watch:
Claire continues “Volunteers have always played a big part of our work at Babylon Arts.
"However the challenges of Covid-19 have had an impact on the number of people who can still regularly help and so we’d love to welcome more people to our volunteer team.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'
"We will provide training for the duties that people get involved with and we also provide Time Credits for the hours that volunteers give.”
Budding volunteers need to be aged 18 or over and the charity is committed to supporting those with access needs or who have never volunteered before to get involved.
To offer your help or find out more please visit the Babylon ARTS website.