Drive-in cinema organisers 'floored with positive feedback'
- Credit: BABYLON ARTS
Organisers of Ely's drive-in cinema have been "floored with positive feedback" from film fans.
The second of its kind in the city, the Babylon ARTS event offered three separate screenings: of Trolls World Tour, The Greatest Showman and Dirty Dancing.
The drive-in was originally scheduled for May 8 but had to be moved to June 6 due to unsuitable weather conditions.
The organisers say they have been "flooded with positive feedback" and requests for them to organise more drive-in events.
One attendee said: "It was absolutely brilliant! Great staff, well organised, good sound, fantastic film. Thank you everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Another attendee said: "Fantastic end to our half term break. Perfect evening for it. Please do it again soon.”
Claire Somerville, chief executive of Babylon Arts, said: “We’re so delighted with how well the drive-in went and how keen people are to see it happen again.
- 1 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 2 Fire crews tackle blaze at Ely engineering works
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 5 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 The Shadows and unwanted arrivals - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Victim claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
"The drive-in was delivered with sponsorship from Lancaster Way Business Park, whom we’d like to thank, as well as all who attended for helping to make it such a success.”
Claire added: “Now that the Babylon Cinema at the Maltings has reopened, we hope the drive-in cinema has helped us reach new audiences and that they come along to our regular cinema screenings soon."
Visit www.babylonarts.org.uk for information about the forthcoming programme.