Volunteers and trustees celebrate 25 years of Babylon Arts
- Credit: Archant
Photographs spanning 25 years and a collection of newspaper clippings were displayed in Ely to mark the Babylon Gallery’s 25th birthday.
Around 60 people attended the celebration, which was also an opportunity to thank all the members and volunteers who support Babylon ARTS' work.
Claire Somerville, chief executive, said: "Babylon ARTS is more than the sum of its parts.
"The team are very proud to work with all the members of the community who volunteer their time, to help make East Cambridgeshire, Fenland and West Suffolk more creative, vibrant and enjoyable places to live. Here's to the next 25 years."
The charity has been operating since 1994, providing arts events, exhibitions and creative community projects across Ely and the surrounding area, as well as running Ely Cinema at The Maltings.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the celebration there was a display of photographs showcasing some of the people and projects spanning nearly 25 years.
There was also a collection of over 100 newspaper clippings from 1997 onwards, covering activities delivered by the organisation.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache