Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- Credit: Sîbel Lä
A five-month-old baby was killed when a van crashed into his pram.
The incident happened at about 3.50pm on the A10, Ely Road, Waterbeach, on Friday when a grey Mazda 2 was in collision with a white Renault Master van.
The van left the road and collided with Rachel Thorold, 36, of Gibson Close, Waterbeach, who was walking on the pavement with her baby Louis in a pushchair.
Ms Thorold is in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The driver of the van and the driver of the Mazda suffered slight injuries and remained at the scene.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have dashcam footage of the collision or moments leading up to it.
Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “This is an extremely tragic and sad incident and our deepest condolences go out to the family of Louis, who are being supported by a specially-trained officer.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
“A thorough investigation will now be conducted by my team and I am seeking help from the public.
“While it is too early to say how the collision happened, I want to remind all road users of their responsibilities to drive with care.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 278 of 22 January.