Ely City Women’s Institute open the New Year with awards event
- Credit: Archant
Cups, certificates and returning members were on show at Ely City Women’s Institute’s first meeting of the New Year.
President Sarah Mascall welcomed former members and three visitors to the event, where awards for winners of four categories were presented.
Mascall and Patricia Canham were joint-winners of the presidents cup for earning most competition points throughout the year, while the cookery prize was awarded to Marian Young.
Both Young and Mascall achieved the highest attendance award.
There was a new craft award in memory of member Jean Barker, which was won by Pam Bedingfield and Angela Yardy.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Church came top in the favourite Christmas card competition, with members also enjoying table top games and refreshments during the evening.
Next month's meeting is on Monday, February 10 where Wayne Bent from Cambridge Search and Rescue will be the guest speaker.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
For more information on Ely City Women's Institute, email email@example.com.