Awards are just the job
THE second Cambridgeshire Recruitment Awards, for which nominations close on Monday, aim to raise the profile of recruitment in Cambridgeshire. They also celebrate the talent and hard work of people in the profession. The awards are organised by Archant H
THE second Cambridgeshire Recruitment Awards, for which nominations close on Monday, aim to raise the profile of recruitment in Cambridgeshire.
They also celebrate the talent and hard work of people in the profession.
The awards are organised by Archant Herts & Cambs, owner of the Ely Standard, and will culminate in a glittering awards evening, on February 23, at the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel.
The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), the professional association that represents the dynamic and fast-growing recruitment industry in the UK, is again the overall sponsor of the event, with others supporting the individual categories.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's success, and the encouraging feedback from entrants and people attending the event, give us a great platform from which to launch the awards this year.
We have additional categories this year and are looking forward to more companies getting involved to highlight and reward the excellent work within the recruitment and HR industries.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
This year there is a People Growth Award, the Rising Star Award and Unsung Hero Award.
These have been introduced to recognise some of the companies and individuals who have made great progress over the past 12 months.
Free entry to the awards is open to any recruitment company or recruitment or HR department based in Cambridgeshire, providing a unique opportunity to gain prestige and kudos in their local market, raise their profile through extensive media coverage and help boost staff morale.
Entries can be made online at www.cambs24.co.uk/recruitmentawards or by contacting Carol Gray on 01763 245241. Contact Carol for involvement in the awards and for sponsorship opportunities.
THERE are 10 categories:
- Recruitment Company of the Year - sponsored by Recruiting People, and open to companies that offer complete recruitment solutions and that can show successful trading and demonstrate commitment to their customers and staff.
- Best Recruitment Practice - sponsored by Interaction Recruitment Plc. This award seeks to reward a team/person for outstanding commitment to the role of HR ensuring both employees' and employer's needs are met with respect to people management, staff welfare and compliance with legislation.
- Special Recognition Award - sponsored by Cooper Lomaz. This aims to recognise an individual who has made an impact in the field of recruitment, with nominations for this award welcome for and on behalf of an individual.
- The Best Induction Programme award. It recognises the company that provides the most comprehensive induction and offers the best early support to new employees.
- Best Recruitment Website - sponsored by Studio 24: recognises the website that makes job hunting and application the easiest and most effective. Nominations from candidates are also invited for this category.
- Consultant of the Year - sponsored by Jark Recruitment. This award seeks to reward an individual for dedication towards customers and clients, someone who can demonstrate excellence in the field and is a role model for the industry.
- The Best Recruitment Advertisement - sponsored by Cavill Robinson - recognises originality, visual impact and the success of the advertisement, which must have appeared in an Archant Herts and Cambs publication.
- Unsung Hero - nominations for this award are welcome for and on behalf of an individual who has made a sustained contribution to the business or recruitment process over a period of time.
This award is not intended for recruitment consultants.
- People Growth Award - sponsored by BDO Stoy Hayward: this category is open to any company or recruitment agency that has been in operation in Cambridgeshire and can demonstrate consistent staff growth and development over the past three years or more.
- Rising Star Award - sponsored by HSBC: nominations for this award are welcome for and on behalf of an individual who has joined the recruitment or HR industry within the past 12 months and has shown true promise in their role.