National award for Little Roos in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A family-run children’s clothing shop in Ely has won a national award less than a year since opening.
Little Roos, in High Street, won the national best independent apparel retailer of preschool products award.
It recognises outstanding achievement in a range of categories within the retail world and the ceremony saw 400 retailers and industry executives pack into The Dorchester, London.
Owners Margaret and Michael Rooney were pleased to have been nominated for the award, particularly as they were still only in the first year of opening.
It was originally Margaret’s idea to open Little Roos, who were also finalists in this year’s Ely Standard Business Awards, as she felt there was a lack of children’s clothing shops in the area.
Their aim is to provide a personal and friendly service and they don’t offer online sales as they believe High Street shops still have a vital role to play.
Margaret said: “Many of our customers are now actively choosing to support us by shopping at Little Roos rather than online as they prefer the one to one service we offer.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
You can follow Little Roos progress on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.