National award for Little Roos in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A family-run children’s clothing shop in Ely has won a national award less than a year since opening.
Little Roos, in High Street, won the national best independent apparel retailer of preschool products award.
It recognises outstanding achievement in a range of categories within the retail world and the ceremony saw 400 retailers and industry executives pack into The Dorchester, London.
Owners Margaret and Michael Rooney were pleased to have been nominated for the award, particularly as they were still only in the first year of opening.
It was originally Margaret’s idea to open Little Roos, who were also finalists in this year’s Ely Standard Business Awards, as she felt there was a lack of children’s clothing shops in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Their aim is to provide a personal and friendly service and they don’t offer online sales as they believe High Street shops still have a vital role to play.
Margaret said: “Many of our customers are now actively choosing to support us by shopping at Little Roos rather than online as they prefer the one to one service we offer.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
You can follow Little Roos progress on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.