Ely architectural group wins European award for innovation
An Ely-based architectural practice has won a national award for innovation.
Cambridge Architectural Design was named ‘most innovative refurbishment practice in Europe’ at the 2018 Build Architecture Awards.
It’s the second year running that the practice has won awards for innovation.
Lee Smith, director, said: “We learn from every single project, not only architecturally, but in our business culture”.
The practice is the first in the UK to offer working drawings in several European languages as well as accepting payments via mobile platforms.
“We’re the only practice I’ve ever known to open until midnight as standard, but it suits our clients who generally work standard office hours,” he added.
Cambridge Architectural Design was a finalist in the new business of the year category in the 2016 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
The practice, which was founded in 2015, is located at 19 Brook Grove, Ely.