Ely architectural group wins European award for innovation
An Ely-based architectural practice has won a national award for innovation.
Cambridge Architectural Design was named ‘most innovative refurbishment practice in Europe’ at the 2018 Build Architecture Awards.
It’s the second year running that the practice has won awards for innovation.
Lee Smith, director, said: “We learn from every single project, not only architecturally, but in our business culture”.
The practice is the first in the UK to offer working drawings in several European languages as well as accepting payments via mobile platforms.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re the only practice I’ve ever known to open until midnight as standard, but it suits our clients who generally work standard office hours,” he added.
Cambridge Architectural Design was a finalist in the new business of the year category in the 2016 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
The practice, which was founded in 2015, is located at 19 Brook Grove, Ely.