Ely architectural group wins European award for innovation
An Ely-based architectural practice has won a national award for innovation.
Cambridge Architectural Design was named ‘most innovative refurbishment practice in Europe’ at the 2018 Build Architecture Awards.
It’s the second year running that the practice has won awards for innovation.
Lee Smith, director, said: “We learn from every single project, not only architecturally, but in our business culture”.
The practice is the first in the UK to offer working drawings in several European languages as well as accepting payments via mobile platforms.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re the only practice I’ve ever known to open until midnight as standard, but it suits our clients who generally work standard office hours,” he added.
Cambridge Architectural Design was a finalist in the new business of the year category in the 2016 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 3 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 4 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
The practice, which was founded in 2015, is located at 19 Brook Grove, Ely.