Author Colette to discuss being a writer at Ely libary event
- Credit: Archant
Colette Snowden is coming to Ely library as part of the Brave New Reads ‘Meet the Author’ season.
‘The Secret to Not Drowning’, her ‘darkly compelling’ tale of emotional abuse and control, was selected as one of six titles for this year’s programme; an initiative that aims to help readers explore new books and new authors.
It was chosen by a reading panel from across Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk and has been flying off the shelves at Ely library since.
“The event will be a rare chance to hear a successful author discuss what inspires them, how they go about writing and how they came to be published, with an opportunity to ask questions, discuss the book and get your copy signed,” say organisers.
“If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to get a novel written, where to start, how to end it and how to go about getting it published, then this might be just what you’re looking for.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Wednesday July 27 from 7pm.
Tickets cost £2 and are available from Ely Library.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
For more information visit www.writerscentrenorwich.org.uk/yoursummerreads.aspx