Uninsured driver spotted cruising ‘in odd manner’ through Littleport has Audi car seized by police
- Credit: Archant
A driver had their car seized after they were spotted by police cruising ‘in an odd manner’ with no insurance in East Cambridgeshire.
The unnamed Audi A3 driver was stopped in Littleport on Saturday, October 26 after police clocked the strange driving.
A few simple checks later using the cops' on-board computer revealed the driver had no insurance and was driving illegally.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Police in Littleport spotted a car driving in an odd manner.
"We did some simple checks and it was revealed the driver had no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"Another vehicle seized and off the roads. Remember we can't be everywhere but we can be anywhere."
The silver Audi was seized as part of the force's Operation Raptor which began in March this year.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
The operation sees officers carry out intelligence-led patrols and target activity in areas where there have been issues of drug dealing.
Officers also work with partner agencies to conduct environmental visual audits to consider what action can be taken to make an area less attractive to dealers.