Auction raises £2,500 for Liam's Fund
AN auction in aid of Liam s Fund has raised £2,500 for the CLIC Sargent charity. Bidding was fast and furious on Saturday as auctioneer David Palmer brought 63 lots under the hammer and helped raise thousands of pounds for the fund. A range of unusual it
AN auction in aid of Liam's Fund has raised £2,500 for the CLIC Sargent charity.
Bidding was fast and furious on Saturday as auctioneer David Palmer brought 63 lots under the hammer and helped raise thousands of pounds for the fund.
A range of unusual items inspired bidders who packed Soham Pavilion for the auction organised by Soham Staploe Rotary Club, Ely-based Blyth and Co auctioneers and Cloisters Antiques.
Liam was invited to the front of the room to display the lots for prospective bidders and money came pouring in as buyers snapped up passes to the Prime Minister's Question Time with South East Cambridgeshire MP, Jim Paice, a tour of the Octagon at Ely Cathedral and tea in the refectory and a voucher for one month's free family swimming at the city's Paradise Pool.
You may also want to watch:
One buyer was desperate to secure a tour of St Andrew's Church, Soham and tea with vicar the Rev Tim Alban Jones and another will be joining the staff at the Ely Standard as he or she takes the editor's chair for the day.
Auctioneer David Palmer, who has regular slots on the hit TV shows Flog It! and Bargain Hunt, said: "It was a fun night and bidding was strong. The room was full and there were around 50 people registered to bid and others who also taking part.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
"It was wonderful to be able to be part of such an incredible night and help to raise money for Liam."
Pic cap: Liam with auctioneer David Palmer.
Photo: MARK FAIRHURST.