Auction in Emneth to support local animal charity
- Credit: Archant
An auction in aid of a charity that helps find new homes for animals will take place in Emneth this Bank Holiday.
Bidders can win goods such as paintings, tools and trinkets when they go under the hammer from a £1.
The event at Emneth Central Hall is aid of small local charity PAW (Promoting Animal Welfare).
Dawn Sammons, who runs the charity, said: "We fund our work through accepting donations of bric-a-brac and other unwanted goods and selling on market stalls and boot fairs.
"My husband and son run a boarding kennels in Nordelph and I am an animal warden for a local authority, so we often hear about animals in need of new homes or other help.
"We support people with neutering their pets, take animals in for rehoming and transport pets to rescue centres around the country.
"We mainly help dogs and cats but the odd rabbits, budgies and a snake have also passed through our care."
- 1 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 4 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 5 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 6 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Alisa, 17, on how refillable candle business went viral in just five months
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
It will take place on Bank Holiday Monday (August 26) from 12pm, with the hammer going down on the first item at 2pm.
Refreshments will also be available.