Auction in Emneth to support local animal charity
- Credit: Archant
An auction in aid of a charity that helps find new homes for animals will take place in Emneth this Bank Holiday.
Bidders can win goods such as paintings, tools and trinkets when they go under the hammer from a £1.
The event at Emneth Central Hall is aid of small local charity PAW (Promoting Animal Welfare).
Dawn Sammons, who runs the charity, said: "We fund our work through accepting donations of bric-a-brac and other unwanted goods and selling on market stalls and boot fairs.
"My husband and son run a boarding kennels in Nordelph and I am an animal warden for a local authority, so we often hear about animals in need of new homes or other help.
You may also want to watch:
"We support people with neutering their pets, take animals in for rehoming and transport pets to rescue centres around the country.
"We mainly help dogs and cats but the odd rabbits, budgies and a snake have also passed through our care."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
It will take place on Bank Holiday Monday (August 26) from 12pm, with the hammer going down on the first item at 2pm.
Refreshments will also be available.