Athletes in Ely have a monster time at gruelling race event
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling event saw budding athletes from across the region converge on Ely to take part in Monster racing.
They swam, ran and cycled with people of all ages and abilities taking part in two separate categories.
Super fit experienced racers took part in the Monster middle which involved a 1.9km swim, 92.8km bike, 21km run.
Meanwhile the Monster standard was a 1.5km swim, 42km bike and a 12km run.
Monster Racing formed in 2010 and has grown since then in terms of number of events and number of entrants.
You may also want to watch:
A Monster spokesman said: “Our events regularly feature in the BTF Eastern Region league as both league events and championship events.
“The Monster Middle has won the region’s event of the year.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
The business is family run by husband and wife team Paul and Liz.
Paul is a double ironman and triathlon coach, and having raced across the UK and Europe, says he knows what he likes and doesn’t like in events.
Liz is the event planner.