Athletes in Ely have a monster time at gruelling race event
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling event saw budding athletes from across the region converge on Ely to take part in Monster racing.
They swam, ran and cycled with people of all ages and abilities taking part in two separate categories.
Super fit experienced racers took part in the Monster middle which involved a 1.9km swim, 92.8km bike, 21km run.
Meanwhile the Monster standard was a 1.5km swim, 42km bike and a 12km run.
Monster Racing formed in 2010 and has grown since then in terms of number of events and number of entrants.
A Monster spokesman said: “Our events regularly feature in the BTF Eastern Region league as both league events and championship events.
“The Monster Middle has won the region’s event of the year.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
The business is family run by husband and wife team Paul and Liz.
Paul is a double ironman and triathlon coach, and having raced across the UK and Europe, says he knows what he likes and doesn’t like in events.
Liz is the event planner.