Break in at Asda in Soham - four men forced their way in and stole cigarettes before leaving
- Credit: Archant
Four men forced their way into the Soham branch of Asda on Monday, stealing cigarettes before leaving the area.
Police were contacted at 1.26am on December 11 with reports of burglary in Clay Street, Soham.
“Scenes of crime officers have attended and an investigation is ongoing,” said a police spokesman. “No arrests have been made.”
The burglary comes after two Littleport shops were targeted by burglars at the weekend.
The village’s branch of Costcutter was hit by ram-raiders on Saturday (December 9) before burglars targeted the Co-op store in the early hours of Monday morning (December 11).
You may also want to watch:
Costcutter in Main Street was first to be hit, with three people stealing a cash machine after smashing into it in a car at around 11.15pm on Saturday. The shop was left with smashed windows and doors and a bollard outside was also knocked over.
Cigarettes were then stolen from the Co-op in Wisbech Road the following night after four people broke in at around 1.10am.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Anyone with information regarding the Soham incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0715911217 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.