Asda sets a date for opening of new Soham superstore
- Credit: Archant
Soham’s new Asda supermarket is scheduled to open its doors to customers for the first time next Monday.
The retail giant purchased the former Budgens store from Soham businessman Jonathan James and has been busy during the last month re-fitting the outlet.
To celebrate the re-opening, Asda is on the hunt for nominations for a local hero to be chosen to be a VIP guest at the store opening and to be awarded a £50 gift card to spend on anything they want in the brand new store, in Clay Street.
Worthy nominees can be put forward by family, friends or work colleagues and could be someone who constantly makes life better for people in the Soham area, someone who goes that extra mile for anybody or someone who has proven to be invaluable to the community.
Nominations are being accepted up until 5pm this Thursday and should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Other guests set to attend the opening, scheduled for 10am, include East Cambridgeshire councillor Colin Fordham, Soham Village College’s George Price, Reverend Tim Alban Jones and Robert Barnes, from the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund – who will be receiving a £100 donation.
There will also be a bouncy castle and bouncy slide there on the day for the kids to enjoy.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
Stuart Clarke, new store manager at Asda Soham. Said: “It’s an exciting time for Soham and this new development will help to boost the attractiveness of the town centre, as well as enabling residents in Soham to do their shopping locally, rather than having to travel to other areas.
“It is important for us to work and communicate with the local community and highlight our commitment to the town and we hope the new Asda Soham can become an important local facility for the local community to benefit from.”