Arty pupil Daniel has competition prize in the bag
- Credit: Archant
An Ely school pupil has bagged a big prize in an art competition organised by the city’s Tesco store.
Daniel Smietanski, aged 6, of Spring Meadow Infants and Nursery school, won £300 for the school plus a £25 Tesco gift card for himself.
But the best prize of all was seeing the winning artwork printed on 250 re-usable shopping bags which will now be distributed free to parents and children at the school.
And this week young Daniel accompanied by classmates and his mum Agnieszka visited Tesco, in Angel Drove, to pick up their prize.
Schoolchildren had been asked by the Tesco team to design an eye-catching picture to go alongside the store’s click and collect design to promote the new service in which shoppers can order groceries online and arrange to pick them up at a collection point in the car park.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel’s entry was selected by judges for its colour, impact, sense of fun and style.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’