Cambridgeshire artist hosts ‘fun with clay’ workshop at St Andrew’s Hall in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Well-known Cambridgeshire artist Felicity Hoyle, who is a member of the Anglian Potters group, presented a ‘fun with clay’ workshop at St Andrew’s Hall in Witchford
Participants at the workshop on Saturday (November 16) were given tips, advice and help in creating clay shapes of different sizes, shapes and textures.
Many of the items were Christmas decorations and it was generally agreed that the day was highly successful and another session is planned for next year.
Felicity, who makes domestic ware pottery and animal sculptures, is holding an open day at her studio in Main Street, Hockwold, on December 14 and 15 when visitors will be able to buy unusual presents in ceramics, glass and copper.
Gift certificates for workshops and lessons will also be available. She can be contacted on her Facebook page: 'Felicity Hoyle as Flicka Ceramics'.
You may also want to watch:
On her page she says: "I studied pottery at Bishop Otter Teacher Training College, but never taught it, although I spent years teaching! In the late 1990's I decided to go back to college to follow my continuing love."
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000