Artichoke takes root with new Ely store
- Credit: Archant
The owner of new clothes shop in Ely says she has been overwhelmed by the welcome to the city she has received.
Sarah Simonds opened the doors to her new shop, Artichoke, in December and said she had been delighted with the response from customers.
Artichoke is based in High Street Passage and specialises in casual clothing designed for women. Mrs Simonds has also managed an Artichoke store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 10 years.
She said: “Artichoke is very much a family business – all the girls that work in the shop are personal friends and my daughter George is our Saturday girl.
“We have been overwhelmed by the warm reception that we have received since opening in Ely and look forward to many years serving the people of the town.” As well as running her shops, Mrs Simonds also takes a pop-up shop on tour around East Anglia and was most recently at the Christmas Fair in Ely Cathedral.
INFO: To find out more, visit the store or go online: www.artichokecollection.co.uk
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash