Artichoke takes root with new Ely store
- Credit: Archant
The owner of new clothes shop in Ely says she has been overwhelmed by the welcome to the city she has received.
Sarah Simonds opened the doors to her new shop, Artichoke, in December and said she had been delighted with the response from customers.
Artichoke is based in High Street Passage and specialises in casual clothing designed for women. Mrs Simonds has also managed an Artichoke store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 10 years.
She said: “Artichoke is very much a family business – all the girls that work in the shop are personal friends and my daughter George is our Saturday girl.
“We have been overwhelmed by the warm reception that we have received since opening in Ely and look forward to many years serving the people of the town.” As well as running her shops, Mrs Simonds also takes a pop-up shop on tour around East Anglia and was most recently at the Christmas Fair in Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: To find out more, visit the store or go online: www.artichokecollection.co.uk
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack