Arthur Rank Hospice receives Littleport Co-operative Food donation boost
- Credit: Archant
A hospice is celebrating after receiving a donation of more than £530 from a supermarket.
The Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund, which raises funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice, has been awarded the money by the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund.
Lisa Barnes died of cancer four years ago. The last eight days of her life were spent at Arthur Rank Hospice.
Chris Wright, store manager of Co-operative Food, Littleport, said: “As a community retailer we feel it is important to support local charities and good causes in our area.
“I would like to thank all of our members, customers and colleagues who have helped us raise this money. I’m sure they’ll all be delighted to see the money going to such a worthwhile cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Application forms for Central England Co-operative’s Community Dividend scheme are available in stores or on the website at www.centralengland.coop
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 7 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall