Arthur Rank Hospice receives Littleport Co-operative Food donation boost
- Credit: Archant
A hospice is celebrating after receiving a donation of more than £530 from a supermarket.
The Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund, which raises funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice, has been awarded the money by the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund.
Lisa Barnes died of cancer four years ago. The last eight days of her life were spent at Arthur Rank Hospice.
Chris Wright, store manager of Co-operative Food, Littleport, said: “As a community retailer we feel it is important to support local charities and good causes in our area.
“I would like to thank all of our members, customers and colleagues who have helped us raise this money. I’m sure they’ll all be delighted to see the money going to such a worthwhile cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Application forms for Central England Co-operative’s Community Dividend scheme are available in stores or on the website at www.centralengland.coop
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment