Soham sculptor Sally Dunham brings Art Unequalled back to The Maltings for annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Soham sculptor will lead an exhibition of locally produced artwork at The Maltings in Ely this weekend.
Seven years ago Sally Dunham created Art Unequalled, which returns for its annual showcase in the city on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 November from 10.30am to 5pm each day.
She said: “My aim with has always been to create a friendly event where visitors are assured of seeing high quality handmade art and craft on every stand, all presented direct from the makers.
“This years event will be no exception, with artists travelling from across the country to display and sell their work for the weekend.
“There will be something for all budgets, whether you are looking for something special for yourself, your home, a loved one or you are looking to be inspired for your Christmas shopping, you are sure to find something at Art Unequalled.
“There will be beautiful jewellery, painting, sculpture, ceramics, illustration, print, textiles, woodwork, furniture, glass and enamel.
“Several artists will be demonstrating their techniques over the weekend and all will be available to talk to visitors about their work and discuss possible commissions.
- 1 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 9 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 10 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
“Art Unequalled also supports Cancer Research and will once again be holding a raffle with prizes kindly donated by some of the exhibitors. Raffle tickets will be available at the show.”
Admission costs £2 for adults, £1 for concessions and accompanied children under 15, get in free.