Art lovers unite for ‘absolutely fantastic’ display of ceramics, sculptures and more
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings in Ely welcomed 1,500 art lovers at the weekend as Art Unequalled returned for its sixth year, showcasing work by a range of makers.
Among the art on show was ceramics, sculptures, wood, jewellery, glass, paintings, textiles, illustrations, furniture and prints.
Sally Dunham, organiser, said: “It went really well. We were very pleased by the numbers.
“Over the two days 1,500 people came through the doors. Some people said it was the best craft fair they have ever been to.”
One visitor said: “Absolutely fantastic displays - utterly impressed by what we saw.”
You may also want to watch:
Another said: “The best art and craft fair I have ever been to, and I have visited many over the years.”
Sally added: “We also did some fundraising for Cancer Research UK by holding a raffle with prizes donated by some of the artists. We also sold a calender of the artists’ work - some are still available at £7.50 each.”
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
To buy one, call Sally Dunham on 07850 286566 or email email@example.com