Art lovers unite for ‘absolutely fantastic’ display of ceramics, sculptures and more
- Credit: Archant
The Maltings in Ely welcomed 1,500 art lovers at the weekend as Art Unequalled returned for its sixth year, showcasing work by a range of makers.
Among the art on show was ceramics, sculptures, wood, jewellery, glass, paintings, textiles, illustrations, furniture and prints.
Sally Dunham, organiser, said: “It went really well. We were very pleased by the numbers.
“Over the two days 1,500 people came through the doors. Some people said it was the best craft fair they have ever been to.”
One visitor said: “Absolutely fantastic displays - utterly impressed by what we saw.”
Another said: “The best art and craft fair I have ever been to, and I have visited many over the years.”
Sally added: “We also did some fundraising for Cancer Research UK by holding a raffle with prizes donated by some of the artists. We also sold a calender of the artists’ work - some are still available at £7.50 each.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
To buy one, call Sally Dunham on 07850 286566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org