Arsonists set fire to derelict building in Mereside, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set a derelict building on fire in Mereside, Soham at the weekend.
Six crews of firefighters were called to the blaze at 9.42pm on Saturday 28.
Wearing breathing apparatus, they used two jets to extinguish the fire in the building, 30 metres by 20 metres, and returned to their stations at just after midnight.
Station Commander Paul Clarke said: “The crews worked hard to get the fire under control quickly but safely.
“It was a derelict building so we would remind people who have businesses in rural areas to make sure they are secure in order to prevent arson.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut