Arsonists destroy car in Stretham
A CAR was left burnt-out in the road in Stretham this week after arsonists struck.
POLICE have launched an investigation after arsonists set fire to a car in Stretham
The white Ford car was set alight in the street, close to nearby homes, at 2.30am on Monday in Berry Close.
Firefighters from Ely were called to the scene and used two hose reels to bring the blaze under control.
An investigation carried out at the scene by firefighters and police officers, who were also called to the scene, concluded that the fire had been started deliberately.
You may also want to watch:
Our photos, submitted by a Stretham resident, show the extent of the damage to the vehicle.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 4 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays