Arsonists destroy car in Stretham
A CAR was left burnt-out in the road in Stretham this week after arsonists struck.
POLICE have launched an investigation after arsonists set fire to a car in Stretham
The white Ford car was set alight in the street, close to nearby homes, at 2.30am on Monday in Berry Close.
Firefighters from Ely were called to the scene and used two hose reels to bring the blaze under control.
An investigation carried out at the scene by firefighters and police officers, who were also called to the scene, concluded that the fire had been started deliberately.
You may also want to watch:
Our photos, submitted by a Stretham resident, show the extent of the damage to the vehicle.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her