Arsonists destroy car in Stretham
A CAR was left burnt-out in the road in Stretham this week after arsonists struck.
POLICE have launched an investigation after arsonists set fire to a car in Stretham
The white Ford car was set alight in the street, close to nearby homes, at 2.30am on Monday in Berry Close.
Firefighters from Ely were called to the scene and used two hose reels to bring the blaze under control.
An investigation carried out at the scene by firefighters and police officers, who were also called to the scene, concluded that the fire had been started deliberately.
Our photos, submitted by a Stretham resident, show the extent of the damage to the vehicle.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 10 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022