Man who set fire to house as part of attacks against man and woman is jailed for five years
- Credit: Archant
A man who set fire to a house as part of a number of attacks against a man and woman has been jailed for five years.
Michael Hall, 28, of no fixed address, was found guilty of arson with intent to endanger life, arson, burglary, threating to damage property and criminal damage at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (April 4).
Between August 11 and 14 last year, Hall broke into a property, occupied by the female victim, in Brickenden Road, Peterborough and stole a number of items of little monetary value.
He went on to send messages to the male victim via Facebook on August 21 threatening to harm him, his family and property.
In the early hours of August 30 he then set light to cardboard and posted it through the door of the man’s home in Dogsthorpe Road as well as a garage belonging to the victim in Towler Street causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage.
Detective Constable John Bimson said: “Hall is a dangerous offender who showed no remorse towards his victims or throughout the trial.”
Hall was sentenced to five years in prison and two years on licence for arson with intent to endanger life. He received three years for arson, 18 months for threatening to commit criminal damage and two months for criminal damage. He also received six months for theft which he had pleaded guilty to. All of the sentences are to be served concurrently.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Mike Rouse whose 'achievements and dedication are unsurpassed'
Hall was also given a restraining order not to contact his victims.