Arrests made following fight in busy city street
TWO men have been arrested following a violent altercation in Ely.
The fracas took place at about 4.30pm on Thursday (March 8) near to the Larkfield Centre, in New Barns Avenue.
Police said that the details of exactly what happened during the fight were sketchy but it involved four men, with one suffering an injury.
Two 18-year-old men from Ely have been arrested by police in connection with the incident and have been bailed to return to Parkside Police Station on March 30.
DC Alan Radford, from Ely Police Station, said: “We know there were a lot of people in the area at the time and that the incident spilled into the road and stopped traffic. Some members of the public also stepped in to stop things escalating further.
“I am asking anyone who saw what happened to contact me as the information they provide could be important to this investigation.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Radford on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 8 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives