Three arrests after arson attack on straw bales - 25 firefighters called out to tackle blaze
- Credit: Archant
Three arrests have been made following an arson attack on straw bales in Stretham last night (Friday).
Three arrests have been made following an arson attack on straw bales in Stretham last night.
Cambs fire and rescue service sent 25 firefighters to the blaze off Brook Lane and some remained throughout the night to prevent it spreading.
A fire service spokesman said today: “It is now contained and is being left to burn in a controlled way under supervision of the landowner.”
The spokesman added: “Crews will re-inspect throughout the day. The fire was believed to have been stated deliberately and police made three arrests last night. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambs police tweeted that “we are aware of the stack of straw bales on fire in Stretham.
“Crews attended last night to contain the fire and prevent from spreading. The fire will now continue to burn in a controlled way.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“The cause was deliberate and three arrested. Anyone with info please ring us on 101”