Arrests After Bomb Disposal Officers Called To Deal With Suspect Packages At House In Cambridgeshire
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire. Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton afte
SPECIALIST bomb disposal officers have been called to deal with a number of suspect devices discovered by police at a property in Cambridgeshire.
Officers from the EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) were called to the house in Madingley Road in Coton after police unearthed a number of suspect packages whilst executing an early morning warrant.
A police spokesperson said: "The warrant was executed at around 8.15am at a property in Madingley Road, Coton and a number of suspicious devices were discovered and the EOD were called to the scene.
"Two 51 year-old men from the Cambridge area were arrested during the operation and they are being held in custody at Parkside Police Station
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the discovery police have opted to close a stretch of the A1303 between Madingley Mulch roundabout at the junction with the A428 and the bottom of Madingley Hill at the junction with Cambridge Road. Police have also advised commuters who use the road to find an alternative route home, with the closure expected to last a number of hours.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs