Are you a folk or roots act looking for a big break? Ely Folk Festival’s band competition could be your chance
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to perform on the main stage of Ely Folk Festival alongside some of the best British folk and roots acts around?
If so, be sure sign up for the Ely Folk Festival band competition which is being run in partnership with Ely Standard and launches on Monday, February 15.
Giving amateur folk and roots acts the chance to gain recognition on the festival circuit, last year’s competition winners Rusty Shackle were so popular they have been invited back to perform on the festival main stage this year.
Amateur solo, duo and group folk and roots acts are welcome to enter the competition.
To enter, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to:
You may also want to watch:
Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Archant Herts & Cambs
93 High Street
The closing date for receipt of entries is April 17. Please note that CDs will not be returned.
The winning entry will be announced by the end of May and will be awarded the opening performance of the 2016 festival on the main concert stage on Friday July 8.
For more information about the festival, visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk or call Fionnuala Lennon on 07754 194287.