Are you a folk or roots act looking for a big break? Ely Folk Festival’s band competition could be your chance
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to perform on the main stage of Ely Folk Festival alongside some of the best British folk and roots acts around?
If so, be sure sign up for the Ely Folk Festival band competition which is being run in partnership with Ely Standard and launches on Monday, February 15.
Giving amateur folk and roots acts the chance to gain recognition on the festival circuit, last year’s competition winners Rusty Shackle were so popular they have been invited back to perform on the festival main stage this year.
Amateur solo, duo and group folk and roots acts are welcome to enter the competition.
To enter, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to:
Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Mike Rouse whose 'achievements and dedication are unsurpassed'
Archant Herts & Cambs
93 High Street
The closing date for receipt of entries is April 17. Please note that CDs will not be returned.
The winning entry will be announced by the end of May and will be awarded the opening performance of the 2016 festival on the main concert stage on Friday July 8.
For more information about the festival, visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk or call Fionnuala Lennon on 07754 194287.