Appeal after thieves steal builder’s van
POLICE are appealing for information after a builder’s van was stolen in Burwell.
The man was building a shed on Monday (February 20) at 4.50pm when his white Mercedes Sprinter was stolen in Parsonage Lane.
He had carried out several trips to and from the van to get tools, but the vehicle was stolen when he was working on the shed.
The van was recovered in Newmarket yesterday (February 22). It is not known if anything was stolen.
Detective Constable Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area and saw anything suspicious.
“We will now carry out forensic tests on the van, but I’d like to warn other builders to be vigilant and protect their tools.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?