Appeal after thieves steal builder’s van
POLICE are appealing for information after a builder’s van was stolen in Burwell.
The man was building a shed on Monday (February 20) at 4.50pm when his white Mercedes Sprinter was stolen in Parsonage Lane.
He had carried out several trips to and from the van to get tools, but the vehicle was stolen when he was working on the shed.
The van was recovered in Newmarket yesterday (February 22). It is not known if anything was stolen.
Detective Constable Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area and saw anything suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“We will now carry out forensic tests on the van, but I’d like to warn other builders to be vigilant and protect their tools.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire