Appeal after thieves steal builder’s van
POLICE are appealing for information after a builder’s van was stolen in Burwell.
The man was building a shed on Monday (February 20) at 4.50pm when his white Mercedes Sprinter was stolen in Parsonage Lane.
He had carried out several trips to and from the van to get tools, but the vehicle was stolen when he was working on the shed.
The van was recovered in Newmarket yesterday (February 22). It is not known if anything was stolen.
Detective Constable Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area and saw anything suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“We will now carry out forensic tests on the van, but I’d like to warn other builders to be vigilant and protect their tools.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
- 10 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat