Appeal after thieves steal builder’s van
POLICE are appealing for information after a builder’s van was stolen in Burwell.
The man was building a shed on Monday (February 20) at 4.50pm when his white Mercedes Sprinter was stolen in Parsonage Lane.
He had carried out several trips to and from the van to get tools, but the vehicle was stolen when he was working on the shed.
The van was recovered in Newmarket yesterday (February 22). It is not known if anything was stolen.
Detective Constable Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area and saw anything suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“We will now carry out forensic tests on the van, but I’d like to warn other builders to be vigilant and protect their tools.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 Man named following fatal collision
- 4 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 5 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash