Appeal after smash leaves motorcyclist with serious injuries
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision on the A142.
The rider of the Honda CBR 500, a 33-year-old man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital following the collision with an orange Ford Focus close to the Barway Road junction at about 1.40pm on Saturday (July 30).
The road was closed for several hours while investigations were carried out and the air ambulance was also on the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus, a 53-year-old woman, and her passenger, a 49-year-old man, suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
PC Francis Crawford, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle prior to the incident to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Crawford on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy