Appeal after smash leaves motorcyclist with serious injuries
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision on the A142.
The rider of the Honda CBR 500, a 33-year-old man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital following the collision with an orange Ford Focus close to the Barway Road junction at about 1.40pm on Saturday (July 30).
The road was closed for several hours while investigations were carried out and the air ambulance was also on the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus, a 53-year-old woman, and her passenger, a 49-year-old man, suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
PC Francis Crawford, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle prior to the incident to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Crawford on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside