Appeal after smash leaves motorcyclist with serious injuries
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision on the A142.
The rider of the Honda CBR 500, a 33-year-old man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital following the collision with an orange Ford Focus close to the Barway Road junction at about 1.40pm on Saturday (July 30).
The road was closed for several hours while investigations were carried out and the air ambulance was also on the scene.
The driver of the Ford Focus, a 53-year-old woman, and her passenger, a 49-year-old man, suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
PC Francis Crawford, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle prior to the incident to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Crawford on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car