Antique and vintage collector’s weekend spectacular at Centre E auction
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers at Centre E will host an auction next Saturday (10) to celebrate the launch of Antique and Vintage Fairs returning to Ely.
An auction of antiques and collectables at Rowley’s Fine Art will kick-start the ‘weekend spectacular’ on Saturday 10 (starts 11am).
Proceeds from the auction sellers and buyers fees will go towards refurbishment costs and community activities run by Centre E at 24 Barton Road.
Elaine Griffin-Singh, trustee and auction organiser, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the general public to sell unwanted goods or attend an auction in a more relaxed atmosphere, whilst supporting Centre E.
“Bring and enter your lots into the auction on Friday 9 from 10am until 7pm or on the morning of the sale before 10am. Viewing opens at 9am on the sale day. Guest auctioneer from Rowley. Contact 07771 664961.”
You may also want to watch:
Then on Sunday 11 The Ely Flea will launch - an antiques and collectables fair being held atthe centre. It will be held every second Sunday at Centre E and will be open to the public from 9.30 till 4pm.
There will be a variety of antique, vintage and collectable items for sale. Entry costs £1.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Ely Flea organiser Nick Wyatt said: “This is a very exciting opportunity to bring Antique Fairs back to Ely. Visitors to the Ely Flea will also be encouraged to visit Ely’s other premiere antique venues: Cloisters Antiques and Waterside Antiques Centre.
“We are so lucky to have such fantastic antiques centres within walking distance of each other.
“The Ely Flea will contribute to making Ely even more attractive to visitors who wish to hunt for antique and vintage treasures.”
Contact Nick Wyatt on 07583 809222 for more information.