'Disgusted and horrified' by anti-Semitic graffiti
- Credit: Ely Standard readers
Ely councillor Matt Downey says he was “horrified and disgusted” by a spate of graffiti across the city.
East Cambridgeshire District Council and Cambridgeshire Police both say they are aware of the incidents and are investigating.
Cllr Downey tweeted that he was “horrified and disgusted to see racist, anti-Semitic graffiti like this in Ely, but it's far from the first time”.
He was one of those to report it to the district council and to the police.
A police spokesperson confirmed that “we’ve received reports of offensive graffiti in Broad Street, Ely and have been working with the council to ensure it is removed.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact us online https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting reference 35/19777/21.
A council spokesperson said: “We have been made aware of a number of recent offensive graffiti incidents.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“Thank you to residents who have been in touch, we are working with the police on this matter.”
The council said it would be removed quickly.