Another flight of fancy for Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
THE Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund will once again be taking to the skies over Cambridgeshire in April to raise much needed funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice.
Joining founder Robert Barnes on April 20 will be Christine Gibbs from Soham.
Swedish-born Christine is embarking on a nursing degree and when qualified hopes to work within the hospice movement, she said: “I have wanted to do a skydive for some-time and now I have found a great cause, I am ready to go.
“I have known Robert for many years and watching him work so hard for Lisa’s Fund, and seeing it grow and grow I felt I simply wanted to be a part of this great cause.”
Robert, who will be doing his second sky dive, added: “I am delighted to have Christine on board and together we hope this event will raise lots of money.”
You may also want to watch:
To be part of the event simply go to www.justgiving.com/Lisa-Barnes1953 visit the web site http://www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk/ email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Robert on 01353 669880 or 07885 087 458.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face