Another flight of fancy for Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
THE Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund will once again be taking to the skies over Cambridgeshire in April to raise much needed funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice.
Joining founder Robert Barnes on April 20 will be Christine Gibbs from Soham.
Swedish-born Christine is embarking on a nursing degree and when qualified hopes to work within the hospice movement, she said: “I have wanted to do a skydive for some-time and now I have found a great cause, I am ready to go.
“I have known Robert for many years and watching him work so hard for Lisa’s Fund, and seeing it grow and grow I felt I simply wanted to be a part of this great cause.”
Robert, who will be doing his second sky dive, added: “I am delighted to have Christine on board and together we hope this event will raise lots of money.”
You may also want to watch:
To be part of the event simply go to www.justgiving.com/Lisa-Barnes1953 visit the web site http://www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk/ email email@example.com or phone Robert on 01353 669880 or 07885 087 458.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 4 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely