Another chimney fire sparks 999 call-out

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters from Soham were called to tackle a chimney fire on Tuesday night.

The crew arrived at a property in Sharman’s Road, Fordham, shortly before 9pm to find a chimney ablaze.

Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their station shortly after 10pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter