Annual Wood Green Pet Service At Ely Cathedral on Sunday
WOOD Green Animal Shelter is holding its annual Pet Service today (Sunday)at Ely Cathedral. The event which is in its 22nd year will see the animal welfare charity and hundreds of its supporters descend on the famous cathedral to hold a blessing of animal
WOOD Green Animal Shelter is holding its annual Pet Service today (Sunday)at Ely Cathedral.
The event which is in its 22nd year will see the animal welfare charity and hundreds of its supporters descend on the famous cathedral to hold a blessing of animals and those who care for them.
With a variety of animals coming along from a number of assistance charities there will be lots of animals taking part in the parade and filling up the cathedral.
Also joining in with the parade of animals will be a number of alpaca's who will lead everyone down the aisle at the beginning of the service.
The event, which begins at 1.30pm is open for all to come along and bring their pets and is always one of the most popular events in the Wood Green calendar.
There will also be a marquee on the Palace Green in front of the cathedral from noon on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Crowds enjoy all on offer at city’s yule pagan and alternative fayre
Sharon Evans, director of fund-raising and communications for Wood Green Animal Shelters said, "This is always a hugely popular event for the local community and also those loyal supporters of Wood Green. Last year even saw a supporter come all the way down from Scotland to take part in the event. We are hoping to see more people than ever at this year's event."
The Wood Green Pet Blessing will take place at 1.30pm in Ely Cathedral on Sunday 19th April. For further information call Wood Green Animal Shelters in 0844 248 8181 or visit www.woodgreen.org.uk