Annual charity event at Ely City Golf Club will raise money for Campod
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity event held at Ely City Golf Club will take place on Tuesday July 4.
Organiser Sue Griffin is this year raising money for Campod - the Cambridge Fund for the Prevention of Disease.
The event is being run by the University of Cambridge’s department of pathology.
The organisation raises money to support research into breast, bowel and cervical cancer, brain tumours, leukaemia, lymphoma, influenza, MRSA, bilharzia, sleeping sickness, diabetes, arthritis and others. During the day a golf competition will be played, followed by a BBQ lunch and charity raffle.
Entry costs £180 per team or £50 per individual player. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to the public and members of the School of Biological Sciences will be in attendance as well as The Stableford Fours.
For more information call Sue Griffin on 01223 333711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.campod.path.cam.ac.uk
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed