This East Anglian company was named second-best employer in the UK – beating Facebook
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Water has been named as the second-best employer in the UK in an annual list – beating social media behemoth Facebook.
Making its debut in the Glassdoor Employees Choice Awards index the utilities company went straight in at number two in the UK, only beaten by web giant Google.
The awards are based on the input of workers who provide anonymous feedback through reviews about their job, work environment and employer over the past year.
Anglian Water received an overall rating of 4.4 out of five and was the highest ranked newcomer in the category, which is open to businesses with more than 1,000 employees.
One employee review of the group said: “Anglian Water really does put its employees at the heart of what it does. If you are looking for job satisfaction, reward and enjoyment, this is an ideal company to work for.”
You may also want to watch:
The water supplier operates across East Anglia and employs nearly 4,000 people.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut