Anglian Water launches new money saving pop-up shop in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Water has opened a pop-up shop in Newmarket in an attempt to help the public save money on their utility bills.
The ‘Smarter Drop Shop’ is part of the company’s campaign which looks to save local people £120 a year on average using water-saving gadgets.
Anglian Water staff will offer water saving hacks, competitions, activities and games in the shop at 97 High Street until January 31.
Emma Staples of Anglian Water said: “We know that consumers are interested in the idea of saving water and are motivated by its potential to reduce household expenses.
“However, it was important for us to help residents move from a place of interest to one of action and we think the face to face opportunity facilitated by our presence on the high street will be a key inspirer.
You may also want to watch:
“The shop will also help us to better explain and showcase some really clever, new water saving tools which residents can be the first to try and start using today.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor