Anglia Co-operative store in Littleport launches Pick Up A Penny campaign in aid of Lisa’s Fund
YOU can help bag a boost for a local hospice – just by shopping!
Today the Ely Standard is helping to launch a six-week Pick Up A Penny fund-raising campaign with the Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Wisbech Road, Littleport.
Every till receipt collected at the store from now until Sunday, August 12, will earn 1p for Lisa’s Fund – set up in memory of Ely woman, Lisa Barnes, who died from cancer in 2010.
The fund is aiming to raise �100,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, which provides palliative care for people from the area aged over 18 who have cancer or other life-limiting illnesses.
Store manager Chris Wright hopes the fund-raiser will add up to a significant boost for the appeal.
He said: “Last year we raised �150 for Branching Out when our customers handed in almost 15,000 till receipts!
“It doesn’t matter how much you spend – it’s the number of till receipts that counts. The more you shop with us until August 12 the more you will help raise for Lisa’s memorial fund.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
“Don’t throw your till receipt away – put it in the special collecting box near the checkouts.”
Chris added: “The Arthur Rank Hospice helps adults across a wide area and needs to raise �1million each year to provide its services. With our customers’ help we can give the memorial fund appeal a real helping hand.”
And, as a thank you for taking part in the fundraising campaign, you can save �6 the next time you spend �40 at the store by using the special coupon in the June 19 edition of the Ely Standard.