Anglia Co-operative store in Littleport launches Pick Up A Penny campaign in aid of Lisa’s Fund
YOU can help bag a boost for a local hospice – just by shopping!
Today the Ely Standard is helping to launch a six-week Pick Up A Penny fund-raising campaign with the Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Wisbech Road, Littleport.
Every till receipt collected at the store from now until Sunday, August 12, will earn 1p for Lisa’s Fund – set up in memory of Ely woman, Lisa Barnes, who died from cancer in 2010.
The fund is aiming to raise �100,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, which provides palliative care for people from the area aged over 18 who have cancer or other life-limiting illnesses.
Store manager Chris Wright hopes the fund-raiser will add up to a significant boost for the appeal.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Last year we raised �150 for Branching Out when our customers handed in almost 15,000 till receipts!
“It doesn’t matter how much you spend – it’s the number of till receipts that counts. The more you shop with us until August 12 the more you will help raise for Lisa’s memorial fund.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
“Don’t throw your till receipt away – put it in the special collecting box near the checkouts.”
Chris added: “The Arthur Rank Hospice helps adults across a wide area and needs to raise �1million each year to provide its services. With our customers’ help we can give the memorial fund appeal a real helping hand.”
And, as a thank you for taking part in the fundraising campaign, you can save �6 the next time you spend �40 at the store by using the special coupon in the June 19 edition of the Ely Standard.